Our Year of Celebration has begun! Four milestone events will happen during this Moose fiscal year – the 125th Anniversary of the Loyal Order of Moose; the 100th Anniversary of the Women of the Moose; the 100th Anniversary of the Moose Legion; and the 100th Anniversary of Mooseheart, our school and residential campus for children and teens in need.
In recognition of these once-in-a-lifetime events, we are asking each lodge, chapter, Moose Legion and member to GO THE DISTANCE and make this the most memorable year in Moose history. Our first goal is to grow the membership and we will spend a great deal of time and resources on our retention initiatives as well as our production campaign.
1. To help your members invite qualified friends and relatives into our fraternity, the Supreme Council has authorized the General Governor to waive all application fees for the entire fiscal year. That’s right - $0 application fees all year long from May 1, 2013 – April 30, 2014! This applies to all Loyal Order of Moose, Women of the Moose and Moose Legion applications. There is no longer a reason to wait to bring new members into our fraternity.
2. For all members who sponsor at least one individual into the Fraternity, Moose – Go The Distance lapel recognition pins will once again be available through Moose International. As opposed to recent years when a small supply was sent in advance to every lodge, you will have to request an initial supply from the Membership Department, free of charge.
3. When a member’s first two applications are reported and enrolled during this campaign year, he will once again qualify for a year’s free dues in his primary lodge. Life Members that sponsor two applications will receive a $15 gift certificate for the Moose Catalog Sales Store.
4. For each LOOM member that qualifies for the 5 Club, $5 will be donated to the Mooseheart School Renovation project courtesy of your state association. We are asking each association to use the additional $5, which has traditionally been collected to ship award items, as seed money to start a local campaign to help promote membership.
5. Members sponsoring 25 or more during the campaign will qualify for the Director General’s Circle of Distinction and have a Centennial Mooseheart Brick dedicated to them during the renovation project. Other incentives are also available depending upon the level achieved.
6. A commemorative Moose membership card will be printed, starting today, for any new or renewed membership that occurs from May 1, 2013 through April 30th, 2014. The cards are gold in color and feature the Mooseheart Centennial Logo in the lower left corner. All other information on the card is exactly the same as before. Both the existing green membership card and the new gold card should be honored at all lodges, assuming the “paid to” date in the lower right corner is current! Cards that are not typically replaced annually (paid in advance, life members, etc.) will not be sent a new card, but can receive one for a small donation to the Mooseheart Renovation Project at the Membership Department display at convention or by contacting the Member Services team by phone any time after June 1st (630-906-3658).
7. As always, the Membership Department is available to answer questions and support the campaign in any way possible. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 630-906-3658.